Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eds_fb17
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggr Geospatial point

Hello,

I'm trying to aggregate  some geo data (longitue, latitude). I have a table like below:

CountryCityLongitudeLatitudeSales
FranceParisx1y1500
GermanyBerlinx2y2400
GermanyHamburgx3y3100
FranceBordeauxx4y4200

I would like to do an aggregation and get the total of the sales per country. So i also need to aggregate the latitude and longitude in order to get 1 point per country. how could I do this? below the output table i want.

CountryLongitudeLatitudeSales
FranceXfYf700
GermanyXgYg500

I tried to use GeoAggrGeometry() but it work only for area layer.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@eds_fb17 

You could try GeoGetPolygonCenter(Country) to get the single point on the map. Were I going to map this I would make it a drill down though so that once  a "Country" was selected it would show me the points that make up the sales of that country. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

I believe you don't need to insert lat and long in your aggr() .

You could just insert the Country column, lat and long could be measures (average of lat and long), and then you just Sum your Sales.

Does it make sense? 

eds_fb17
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It does not work

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@eds_fb17 

You could try GeoGetPolygonCenter(Country) to get the single point on the map. Were I going to map this I would make it a drill down though so that once  a "Country" was selected it would show me the points that make up the sales of that country.