Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr function with Hierarchy group

Hi,

I am using a Aggr function on a dimension that I want it to dynamically change based on the Hierarchy selection from the Group that I created. Below is an example:

I have these two tables with fields like this:

Country | Sales | Margin

Region | Sub-Region | Country

Both these tables are associated by Country field and I have Geography group that has grouping of Region, Sub Region and Country. Now I am putting a (TreeMap) chart by the Geography group that showing Margin%. I am looking a function like this to use:

Aggr( sum(Margin) / sum(Sales), Geography)

and I want the Aggr function to work based on the Geography group level selected on the chart. If I define the Aggr() at Country level then I am not getting the desired output of Margin% for Region and Sub region level group selection. (it is giving a simple sum of all countries Margin% at the higher level).

Can someone please advice how I can make the Aggr() work with grouped dimension?

Thanks,

Balaji

2 Replies
OmarBenSalem

What happens if you only have sum(Margin) / sum(Sales) as an expression? without the aggr?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar,

The actual expression I am trying to do require the Aggr() function to do a Product level and Geography level. Where Product is a single dimension while Geography is a grouped dimension. The above scenario I tried to give a simple form of what I am looking for something like this (still simplified but where the Grouped dimension base Aggr() is needed).

Sum(Aggr( (Sum(Margin)/Sum(Sales)) * Sum(Qty), Product, Geography) / Sum(Qty)

Thanks,

Balaji