Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CreepyCatLady
Creator
Creator

Aggregate in pivot table dimensions

Hi. I need to create a pivot table that essentially has Counts as dimensions and I can't figure out how to achieve this. Here is a sample of what I want my output to look like (field names changed and numbers obfuscated):

Hosts (In Use) Desktops (In Use) Laptops (In Use) Virtual (In Use)
Total Hosts  ###### #### #### #####
Exclude type 1 ##### #### #### #####
Exclude type 1 and type 2  ##### #### #### #####
Exclude type 1 and type 2 and type 3 ##### #### ##### #####
etc.        

Where "total hosts" is count of field HostName, exclude type 1 is count(HostName)-count(type 1) with type 1 being a subset of HostName, etc. I think I could also do count(if(type 1='Y', HostName)) but I need to figure out how to aggregate HostName first. If I use only HostName for my dimension, it gives a list of all host names which is not what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @CreepyCatLady !

I suggest you read the ValueList() function documentation. It will help you to do what you need.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SyntheticD...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @CreepyCatLady !

I suggest you read the ValueList() function documentation. It will help you to do what you need.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SyntheticD...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!