cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xavierwiltbank
Contributor II
Contributor II

Aggregation of fiscal year to current month in load script

Hello all! I could use some help with a load script.

What I am looking to do is this: I have a table with rows id's, fiscal years, dates, and amounts. I have the table sorted like so:

IDFiscal yearDateAmount
12019July 1st, 20185
12019Aug 1st, 201810
12019Sep 1st, 2018100
22019July 1st, 20181

I want to create a 5th field, Fiscal Year to Date Amount (FYTD Total), which sums up the current and all previous months, that would have the following values.

IDFYTD Total

Here is what I am currently doing.

Load

"Date",

"Fiscal Year",

"ID",

"Date",

if("ID" = Previous("ID"), Previous("FYTD Total") + "Amount", "Amount") as "FYTD Total";

Resident "TempFact" Order By "ID", "Date";

I've attempted to set the FYTD total to 0 prior to this load script so that it is not null.

I've tried various attempts at using preceding loads, to no avail. Any help here would be much appreciated. I may be missing an obvious solution, as this seems like a pretty common use case.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

LOAD  "Fiscal Year",

"ID",

"Date",

"Amount",

If("ID" = Previous("ID") and [Fiscal Year] = Previous([Fiscal Year]), RangeSum(Peek("FYTD Total"), "Amount"), "Amount") as "FYTD Total";

Resident "TempFact"

Order By "ID", "Date";

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

LOAD  "Fiscal Year",

"ID",

"Date",

"Amount",

If("ID" = Previous("ID") and [Fiscal Year] = Previous([Fiscal Year]), RangeSum(Peek("FYTD Total"), "Amount"), "Amount") as "FYTD Total";

Resident "TempFact"

Order By "ID", "Date";

xavierwiltbank
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Amazing, thanks Sunny! To sum up, I think that my mistakes were not having the Fiscal Year = Previous Fiscal Year check correct, and not using the RangeSum function. I'll have to take a closer look at RangeSum.

Thanks!

~Xavier