cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsmithy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Allow only filtered results in table

I have a straight table with many columns.  The table is a list of projects.  A default set of 5 filters sets the output to projects of a certain status and type due in the current year .     When a user searches for a project id  that exists in the table but not in the filtered data set,  QS will remove the filters and show table row for that project.   (The users are using the column filters in the table.)

Users think the selected project id is part of the filtered criteria,  but worse are unaware that the filters have been removed from the table .

How can I restrict QS to showing only the filtered results of a table?

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Users should be able to see that the ID they are selecting is excluded (dark gray).

You could use Lock Selections on your selections to avoid accidental removal, but if you do that you'll need to train your users to unlock when they want to make a change.

rsmithy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Users should be able to do a lot of things,  but they are mostly distracted.   I thought the lock solution would work if I gave them a button that did all the filtering/ locking,  but when you use locks you can no longer filter by clicking on a bar graph item.