Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girish21595
Partner - Contributor III

Alternate option for Aggr function

Hi All,

I am using the below mentioned expression. The overall performance of the Dashboard is too low because we have lot of expressions like this for other factors. Just wanted to check is there a way to rewrite this expression in a better way. Please let me know you inputs.

@sunny_talwar Please help me on this.

Avg(Aggr(Avg({<Factor = {'Accessibility'}>}CH_Attribute)/5,QID,Factor))

Thanks,

Girish

2 Replies
Spivey

In a vacuum, I'm not sure that expression can necessarily get more performant, except maybe removing Factor as a parameter in the Aggr() function, since it doesn't seem like it would make a difference to the calculation while your set expression is limiting the nested Avg() aggregation to a single Factor value.

Are any of the dashboard's other expressions using taxing elements like If() statements and things like that? Or are you perhaps using a lot of on-the-fly fields, as described here? Or using date fields that have a granular timestamp? All of those things can be changed to optimize your app's performance.

marcus_sommer

I suggest to start with your datamodel - ensuring that all included fields come from a single table - developing it in the direction of a star-scheme or even a big flat-table.

- Marcus