Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

Alternative measures in scatter plot

I am using a scatterplot.
I want to change only the x-axis with an alternate measure, is there any way?

(Because the X-axis and Y-axis change in the same way)

I want to show only "TotalSales" on y-axis.(the last pictures)

a.png

b.png

c.png

Thank you. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlikstu
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Louise

So by default an additional alternative dimension will be selectable in both the X and Y Axis as you have discovered. To get around this (without using an extension) you could do the following: 

1. Create two scatterplots, with the same Y Dimension and the desired different X Dimensions. 

2. Save them as master visualisations. 

3. Create a grouped container and add the master visualisations into them. 

This should produce the desired end user requirement (example attached) and won't take up any more unecessary space on your sheets. 

Hope this helps. Scatter Plot two x dimensionsScatter Plot two x dimensions

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Qlikstu

Hi Louise

So by default an additional alternative dimension will be selectable in both the X and Y Axis as you have discovered. To get around this (without using an extension) you could do the following: 

1. Create two scatterplots, with the same Y Dimension and the desired different X Dimensions. 

2. Save them as master visualisations. 

3. Create a grouped container and add the master visualisations into them. 

This should produce the desired end user requirement (example attached) and won't take up any more unecessary space on your sheets. 

Hope this helps. Scatter Plot two x dimensionsScatter Plot two x dimensions

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much.

You mean, I can use the container to change the x axis, right.
Would it be difficult to vary the x-axis with alternate measures?
If it's possible, I wanna use filter panel to change only x axis...!

Qlikstu

Yes, what you are essentially doing is creating two seperate scatter plots and using the grouped container labels (in my example Population and Uptime) as the X Axis dimension selector. The end user does not need to know that there are two scatterplots in play as it give you the same effect you are asking for. It's a bit inefficient but it works. There's probably smarter ways to do it but if it does the job.... 

Stu

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

Thats a good way to do it, to add another way to do it is to use a button and variable in the measure instead of actually using the measure and set an action to change the variable value on click of a button and set it to the measure value that you want to change it with. 

I have been using it on my several sheets and it reduces the load time of the sheet and easier computation as well. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much!

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much!