Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always show full dates in QlikSense

Hi,

I'm using QlikSense version 1.01

I have a line graph showing data over time - I had a few days where there was no data so I've created a calendar in the load script to show all dates and the general graph now works fine.

However as soon as I add any other dimensions, or filter on any other fields only the dates that have data for that field are shown - so the line graph again has missing dates and the dates are not spaced correctly. Is there any way around this?

Basically i want to keep the same full time line on my x-axis whatever values are shown/selected

Thanks

5 Replies
Alvaro_Palacios
Support
Support

Hi HC,

Try to use Date & Time items under the Fields tab in Sense. Follow the instructions in this post to know how to create them: Qlik Sense – Date & Time

If you want to stick to you calendar in the load script then could you upload your .qvf so that I can look into it?

Regards,

Alvaro P.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. However I think the version I'm using is too old for Date and Time items.

I'm using a calendar:

LET NumOfDays = End-Start +1;

Date_src:

Load

$(Start) + Rowno()-1 as DateId

Autogenerate $(NumOfDays)

Calendar:

LOAD

DateId,

date(DateId) as Date,

RESIDENT Date_src

Drop Table Date_src

Is there any way to modify this so that it will work?

Thanks for you help

Not applicable
Author

I had a similar issue two months ago.

See: Keep dimension on chart

I hope it helps,

Estela

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Estela, seems like exactly the same issue, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm finding a lot of the data is not being counted this way. I'm not sure why!

Not applicable
Author

Hi H C,

Could you please share your data model and some prints of the chart?