cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMaebe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Average Monthly Sales Volume using 4-4-5 calendar

Hi! I'm new to QlikSense. My company uses a 4-4-5 accounting calendar. I'd like to create a measure to look at average weekly sales by month. What would be the best way to do this? 

Months with 4 weeks are January, February, April, May, July, August, October, November.

Months with 5 weeks are March, June, September, and October.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@EMaebe  can you share a sample data and the expected output ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
marcus_sommer

I think the most things are the same like with the normal calendar-related data but you need to implement an appropriate calendar. Within the following post is an example for a 4-4-5 calendar:

Non-Gregorian-calendars 

- Marcus

EMaebe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

From my understanding, we already have the 4-4-5 calendar set up in Qlik.

I just want to be able to create a visualization (such as a line graph) that uses "average weekly sales" by month within the sheet. 

If I were to do this in excel, I could either do an if statement such as column A being month and B being sales volume

=if(or(A2="January", A2="February", A2="April", A2="May", A2="July", A2="August",A2="October", A2="November"), B2/4, B2/5)

or I could have a table showing sales volume with 4-4-5 above the months, divide the sales volume by product by the 4, 4, or 5 to reach the average weekly sales volume by month and then create a line graph.

I can create a sample data set in excel later to show I'd do this in excel. But I'm wondering how to do this in Qlik? This is a metric we use often. Thank you! 

marcus_sommer

You could simply add the information as extra field how many weeks exists within the calendar and then within your expressions you used something like: avg(NoOfWeeks). Also a possibility is to add this information as a satellite-dimension to the calendar and then referencing the divider just with NoOfWeeks.

Another approach would be to count the weeks like: count(Week).

What you shouldn't do is to use such if-loops like above mentioned.

- Marcus

EMaebe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Good morning! I called the company who helped set up Qlik, and he suggested an inline mapping table for the month numbers, so I can create an expression around the month numbers now. Thank you for all of your help.