Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikSenseUser2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Background Color expression by date

I'm trying to set a Background Color expression by date. I want it to show green if within a year of the Aggr(max(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE),TRAILER)  or Red if greater than a year of the Aggr(max(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE),TRAILER).

I have 

IF(Year(Aggr(max(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE),TRAILER)) > AddYears(Aggr(max(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE),TRAILER),1), LightRed(),Green())

And I get this all green

QlikSenseUser2_0-1626311548631.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@QlikSenseUser2  try below. Make sure that you are using below same expression on correct column. If this still did not work share the sample qvf file

=if(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE > addyears(Today(),-1) and LAST_INSPECTION_DATE <= Today(), Green(),Red())

View solution in original post

17 Replies
avinashelite

are you looking for the moving 1 year date or the current year to date ?

QlikSenseUser2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Moving 1-year date. I would like for it to go by the  Last Inspection Date.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can try something this?

IF(Year(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE) = (Year(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE)+1), LightRed(),Green())

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
QlikSenseUser2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It's still showing all green 

Kushal_Chawda

@QlikSenseUser2  so let's say last_inspection_date is "17-Jul-2021", so which dates should be green and which one should red? You can specify ranges to be clear

QlikSenseUser2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

17-Jul-2020 and before should be Red everything else Green

Kushal_Chawda

@QlikSenseUser2  then below should work

= if( LAST_INSPECTION_DATE > addyears(max(total LAST_INSPECTION_DATE),-1), Green(),red())

QlikSenseUser2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It's now showing all Red

Kushal_Chawda

@QlikSenseUser2  Not sure but it's working fine for me. see the below. "15-Jul-2021" is latest date. Make sure that your LAST_INSPECTION_DATE is in proper Date format. To check that use max(LAST_INSPECTION_DATE) in KPI object, if it returns value then it's fine else there is format issue. In that case you need to first convert that field to proper date format

Kushal_Chawda_0-1626361948539.png