Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Background color expression with measured column

Greetings,

I am trying to figure out a way to color the background of my measured column I created (Days Since Hired) to highlight anyone who has been in their position for more than 1093 days (estimated 3 years).  I have tried IF statements and nothing seems to work because the Days Since Hired column is just a calculation.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

cschaeuble_0-1674078602022.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To highlight background for cell values, you need to use the background coloring tools and use an appropriate 'if' statement therein.

In this example, I have done two things:

1. Wrote an expression in the expression data field: =if(sum(Sales)>10000,sum(Sales),'Below Sales Target')
  2. Wrote an if expression in the Background color expression area :     =if(sum(Sales)>10000,sum(Sales),Yellow())

You will just need to adapt this to your own data of course.

Hope this helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My expression for the column is Floor(Today())-Floor([Date Start Current Position]) in order to calculate the number of days since the hire date.  I think I am having such a hang up with trying to color the background because I want to show who is over the 1093 day mark and an if statement is not helping.