Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II

BackgroundColor

I build a chart likea Pivot Table.

One Dimension is a Place and I want for each place a different Background color.

I write it like that:

= if ( PLACE = 'A noch zu walzen', rgb(255,128,128), If( PLACE = 'C sonstige Orte', rgb(255,255,128), If( PLACE = 'D vor Anlage',rgb(128,255,128)) ))

Some times, it works, some times not.

it's QV

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Frédéricdh I wonder how it is render 🙂 Anyway, please go always in such cases with Pick(Match())..

=Pick(Match(PLACE, 'A noch zu walzen', 'C sonstige Orte', 'D vor Anlage'),  rgb(255,128,128),  rgb(255,255,128), rgb(128,255,128))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni 

it works so good as my Expression. Some times, it doesn't work, sometimes it works. And one time, the name total ofthe pivottable is backcolored and i ask no one to do that.

Why?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Frédéricdh Please try with Pick and Match, then see how that works.

Otherwise, For Label of total you mean, and you want to apply background color?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni 

I change to Pick and Match but i Have the same Problems, sometime it changes the color, sometime not

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Frédéricdh Interesting, I have been using almost in every project with Pick match and never be invisible. So, Please share sample copy to test with us and also share knowledge what instance that is failing? Example, During filter with some fields etc.

Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni , can we meet on zoom ? I will show u my qlik

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Frédéricdh  Sorry to say, This won't work. But, we are here to help you as much as we can in assumption until you share (Scramble or bummy data) that shows the issue. 

For me this sounds, Environmental issue (Not sure, if you use any themes or extensions etc.)