Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlBoo8749
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calculate averages over a dynamic number of months.

I have a table that I want to calculate the average of a group of percentages over a certain number of months depending on the development period. In the Excel file that I uploaded the variables are arranged in triangle fashion. To the left are the end of dates and on the top are the development periods. I need to calculate the averages for 12 months prior to the date and I need to calculate the averages for the remaining months after the date. The average percentages should match the table to the right of the triangle. Is there an easy way to do this?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@AlBoo8749  how those % are calculated? Is it a available as a value in column of the table?  How your data look like in terms of row and columns? 

AlBoo8749
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The data in the triangle are values in the columns.

The data in the other table with the headings 'Before' and 'After' are calculated from the data in the triangle. The calculation is depended on the number of months before and after a certain date. That date will change in the future so the number of months will calculated based on what months have data available.

I hope this answers your question.