Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajisj30
Creator
Creator

Calculate previous month sales - Qlik Sense

Hello People

To calculate previous month sales, I wrote the exp as mentioned below but i get null values when certain month in selected in filter pane. Please help me to solve this issue.

=Sum({$<Month={"$(=Max(Month-1))"}>}sales)

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Sum({$<Month={"$(=Max(Month)-1)"}>}sales)

But this isn't a good approach because what happens with you are in Month 1... Max(Month) - 1 becomes 0.... Better to perform set analysis on MonthYear or Date field..

or use The As-Of Table

balajisj30
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

This code also not working. I need to calculate selected month and previous month.

I have been using this set analysis exp for many apps. It was working fine but in this chart it shows null.

sunny_talwar

What is the format of your Month field? How do you create Month in script?

balajisj30
Creator
Creator
Author

I had period values in format YYYY0MM. So i extracted first 4 letters as year and last 2 letters as month in data manager.

i have been using this extraction for many apps. i have tried previous year sales in another app with same expression, it works well.

sunny_talwar

First of all, it is good to know that it works elsewhere, but it doesn't really help us here, does it? I don't know what are the differences between the two applications ..

Coming back to the format, is it YYYY0MM or YYYYMM? Why an extra 0? Also, do you use Date#() in the script when you create Month field or is it a number field (or worse a text field)?

balajisj30
Creator
Creator
Author

0 is in middle between year and month(Its taken from client db and i have confirmed with them that the format is YYYY0MM). I extract year and month as num field.

sunny_talwar

What is the script you use to create it in the back end?