Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jogou19
Contributor
Contributor

Calculated Dimension Ignore Null Values

Hi

I have a straight table that has 2 dimensions and one measure. 

Dim1: Customer

Dim2: Job # 

Measure: Income for last 12 months based on each customer. 

I am trying to exclude null values in the set expression of my Job# field. Only those jobs related for a particular period that the user has selected should show. Currently I am using the set expression in the Job# field as: =Aggr(Maxstring({<$[uShip Code]-={'' }>}[uShip Code]),[uShip Code]) but this is not working. 

When I tried to uncheck the 'Include null values' box in the job# field, the null values are excluded BUT my measure values become incorrect. 

Currently my measure reads as:

Sum({$<[GMVessFactType]={'Actual'}, Sort.Year=, Month, [YearMonth]={">=$(=([YearMonth])-100)<$(=([YearMonth]))"}>}Total<[uSheet1-3.Principal Name]>[Actual Income])

Could I please get some help in how i can exclude the null values in the job# field. 

Thanks

Jo

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this, There are many ways we can achieve this but 2 of them

Sum({$<job#={"=Len(job#)>0"}, [GMVessFactType]={'Actual'}, Sort.Year=, Month, [YearMonth]={">=$(=([YearMonth])-100)<$(=([YearMonth]))"}>}Total<[uSheet1-3.Principal Name]>[Actual Income])

Or

Sum({$<[GMVessFactType]={'Actual'}, Sort.Year=, Month, [YearMonth]={">=$(=([YearMonth])-100)<$(=([YearMonth]))"}>}Total<[uSheet1-3.Principal Name]> If(Not IsNull(job#), [Actual Income]))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful