Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated dimensions in selection bar:Qlik Sense

I have created a simple calculated dimension of a date. When filtered the selection pane on top shows the entire formula instead of label. Have tried to make it as a master dimension too, but of no help.

The end user does not need to see this as it looks complicated if its a set analysis expression. Below is the snapshot

ugliness.PNG

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. This is amazing. I wish all other Dimensions and Labels were treated the same way 🙂

Creating a measure for every calculated dimension is hectic for me now. These calculated dimensions are only used one time in a chart, hence I dont see them fitting in Master dimensions.

Anyways, thank you for the answer. At least there is a workaround

Suus
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I am working on Qlik Sense Desktop November 2019 Patch 2 (13.51.6) and this is working the old way..

A later release. Any clue why?

screen1.JPGscreen2.JPGscreen3.JPG

abhijith28
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Patrik_Lundblad 

I am facing this issue in my mashup. I could see the calculation conditions.

Tried using master dimension and variable still i am finding this issue.

But in Qlik hub its working fine. The issue is only with mashup.

Thanks,

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It would probably be best if you submitted that as a bug, that way it would be easier for us to go through what goes wrong. Rather than forum posts.

Regards,

Patrik.

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

@Patrik_Lundblad I am using a hidden field for my calulated master dimension, and I would like  the master dimension not to show up in the selection bar. Is it possible to achieve this?

E. Røse
Senior Analytics Consultant, Atea Norge
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Interesting, I would have thought that should just work. Will dig into it.

I think you actually don't have a Calculated Dimension, instead it's a Field on the Fly.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Calculated-Fields/ba-p/1694383#:~:text=Fields-on-the-...

Could you test to make the field a Calculated DImension instead by adding CalcDim(...) around you expression?

CalcDim.PNG

Regards,

Patrik.

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

@Patrik_Lundblad Thanks. CalcDim-function worked!

E. Røse
Senior Analytics Consultant, Atea Norge
AshrafTai
Contributor II
Contributor II

and exactly how to do this. 

emeadistributio
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think I found a bug related to this. I have a calculated dimension for the fiscal year and the table below should show only if there is at least one selected fiscal year (field).

It seems that selections of the calculated dimension do not make so that the fiscal year field is also selected. Also there is no way to calculated the getselectcount of a calculated dimension (which would solve the issue).
Calculated dimension and field are the same (the formula for the calculated dimension is = to the field fiscal year). I used the calculated dimension to rename the field to FY.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

Since my first post here the behavior has changed slightly. I believe it is now so that if you have a field on the fly then you will get the name from the master dimension list. But if it's a calculated dimension then we will show the field name. 

So, for you I think what you have in the selection bar is a field on the fly which means that the selection is done against that field compared to the original field that you are using in your expression.

As you say, there is no function for showing the selected count for that field. But what I assume you can do is to use GetPossibleCount() for your original field. I assume that with one selected value in your field on the fly only one value is possible in your original field.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Field...

Regards,
Patrik.