Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slondono
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can i put a password in a QlikSense App with section access?

Hello everyone

I'm trying to put a password in an app in qlik sense (because I know that it is possible to do that in Qlik view) but is not working. Anyone know if it is possible and can help me with an example?

So much thanks to all.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Qlik Sense Desktop doesn't support section access at all. And in Qlik Sense Enterprise users have to login before opening an app, so there's no need for a password. The authentication has already been done.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Qlik Sense Desktop doesn't support section access at all. And in Qlik Sense Enterprise users have to login before opening an app, so there's no need for a password. The authentication has already been done.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
akinert
Contributor
Contributor

It is theoretically possible to protect sheets with a password; however, the way you enter the password could be tricky. Simply, you can input values by using buttons. If the input equals the specified password, it will show the sheet. Here are the steps:

1. Create a variable called 'Password' and assign it a value of 0. (or any temporary initial value)

2. 2.Go to the sheet which will be protected. Write the following rule in the show condition in the sheet properties: =IF(RIGHT(password, 4) = 1379, 1, 0)

akinert_1-1716789820425.png

Assume that your specified password will be 1379. The formula =IF(RIGHT(password, 4) = 1379, 1, 0) means that if the last 4 digits of the variable 'password' is equal to '1379', it will return 1 (show); otherwise, it will return 0 (hide). Remember that we assigned 0 to the 'password' variable in the first step. Since 0 is not equal to 1379, it will return 0, so the page will not be shown. In the next step, we will enter a new password.

3. In this step we will assign '1379' to the variable 'password' to meet the page show condition. We can do it by buttons like;

akinert_2-1716790280569.png

For each number button assign set variable(password) value as =password&'1'.

akinert_3-1716792416441.png

When you click the button it will concanate its value to the variable 'password'. For example; at the beginning our initial password value was 0. When you click 1, our new password will be 01. Then when you click 3 button it wil be 013.. etc .

Whatever your input will be our sheet show condition will check last 4 digit (right(password,4)=1379), so until you type 1379 in right order page does not show.

4. After you type correct password you can open protected sheet manually or you can use a button which is navigating to that page.

Finally, when you re open the app the variable password resets to its initial value 0, so the sheet will be hidden until you enter the password.

Best R,