cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvijayanth
Creator
Creator

Can we disable "Smart Search" and "Selection Tool" in QlikSense

Can we disable "Smart Search" and "Selection Tool" which shows up on the top right under the navigation buttons in QlikSense application?

I know its possible using mashups. But want to know if this can be accomplished in QlikSense application.

1. The reason we want to disable smart search is because we use a lot of columns which are basically concatenated lengthy text in one giant straight table and performance is become slow.

2. We don't want others to view the other data elements and thats why we want to shut down "selection tools"

12 Replies
rvijayanth
Creator
Creator
Author

Im so sorry.

Ok then it is hiding it from the dimensions also.

Here is my requirement:

I want to hide all fields in the "Selection Tool" but want to use them in the charts and tables and KPIs. Is it possible with your suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I am aware no. We use the hide to hide keys and fields that are unnecessary for the user to see.

ken4runner
Creator
Creator

I have seen iframes where the selection tool has been disabled, but I cannot find what combination of settings in single configurator make this happen. when I review the url, I do not see any thing in the url that seems to be controlling this.   does anyone know how to turn off the selection tool for single configurator iframe?