Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot open file: [lib://__GEO_TABLES/countryGeo.qvd]

Hi!

Recently my computer was replaced. We copied and pasted all the Apps I have stored in Document > Qlik >Sense  and all these Apps are visible from my desktop now. When I tried to run one of the Apps, however, I have received an error that my App cannot open the above file - these files presumably are generated when I initially created the App I guess. I have more than 20 Apps in my Document folder and wonder if there is an easy solution to these error messages (I guess all auto-generated codes will issue error, not being able to find the location of the file the system created previously).

My IT still keeps my old computer so I can possibly ask them to copy these auto-generated files and transfer to the new computers' C-drive if necessary. Where can I find these files, and can I resolve the issues by simply copy and paste these files and folders in the corresponding location of my computer?

Thank you for your help!

Miyako

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Search by folder name 'DataPrepService' found the current location of countryGeo.qvd and countryAliasGeo.qvd.  For reference this is the path I found: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, you can resolve the issue by creating the same folder structure as it was when the below folder connection was created

"lib://__GEO_TABLES"  <-- check which directory this is pointing to

Alternatively you can create  a new folder structure and then a new folder connection and then simply find and replace "lib://__GEO_TABLES"  with "lib:// new connection"

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have problem finding the location of the geo files created by the system previously. I checked in the forum and found this link, but the current version of Qlik does not seem to create 'DataPrepService' folder. https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/lib-GEO-TABLES-Location/m-p/1448122

I have searched hidden and system files of the backup folders from my old computer, but couldn't find the location of these geo files. 

Any help much appreciated.

Miyako

Thanks a lot for your help!

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I created another - identical App in my computer and now the auto-generated codes look identical to the App I imported from my old computer. The new App loads the data without any problem but my old App keep issuing the same error. I have looked into the folders under Documents > Qlik > Sense but I have not been able to locate Geo related folders or any folders that contain geotable.

For now I can reconstruct the front end design in the new App I created, but I'd really appreciate to find a way to tweet the existing Apps, so I won't need to recreat all 20+ Apps that I have created and being used now... Thanks a lot for your help!

Miyako

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Alternatively you can create  a new folder structure and then a new folder connection and then simply find and replace "lib://__GEO_TABLES"  with "lib:// new connection"

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vineeth,

Are you suggesting creating an empty strucutre and referring to this folder as new connection will resolve the error? As I wrote above a couple of times, I found neither _GEO_TABLES folder nor geo files such as countryGeo.qvd or countryAliase.qvd so I would expect Qlik would issue the same error if I simply let it refer to an emply folder.

Miyako

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Search by folder name 'DataPrepService' found the current location of countryGeo.qvd and countryAliasGeo.qvd.  For reference this is the path I found: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

A year after I resolved the issue, my IT gave us a new computer again, and the same issue occurs to me. This time, I cannot find the location where Qlik stores __GEO files. Neither 'DataPrepService' no '__GEO*' are found in my c-drive and I am at loss. Is there anyone who knows the location where Qlik Sense Desktop currently stores these __GEO files?