Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SchaeubleC
Contributor
Contributor

Center Text on Org Charts

Is there a way to center the text contained in my org charts?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

There is no way to simply use a "center" alighment type thing. However, you can simulate that by adjusting what you display. I've found that if I calculate the length of the string I want to display, and subtract that from 30, I can prefix the string with half that difference using the ascii character 160, just like a space. 

Repeat(chr(160), Floor((30-Len(Centre_Name))/2)) & Centre_Name

In the image notice what just displaying Centre_Name shows, versus what it looks like with the prefix.

CenteredOrg.png

**** NOTE: Notice how the field values aren't sorted because I just used the default sort order. So be sure to apply a sort expression to use the regular field value itself rather than letting it sort on the expression that prefixes the display. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

There is no way to simply use a "center" alighment type thing. However, you can simulate that by adjusting what you display. I've found that if I calculate the length of the string I want to display, and subtract that from 30, I can prefix the string with half that difference using the ascii character 160, just like a space. 

Repeat(chr(160), Floor((30-Len(Centre_Name))/2)) & Centre_Name

In the image notice what just displaying Centre_Name shows, versus what it looks like with the prefix.

CenteredOrg.png

**** NOTE: Notice how the field values aren't sorted because I just used the default sort order. So be sure to apply a sort expression to use the regular field value itself rather than letting it sort on the expression that prefixes the display.