Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS395
Contributor III
Contributor III

Color Expression - Pivot Table dont shows correctly color

Hello everyone,

I have created a table that shows me everything correctly so far. There I have created a RunningValue, with which I can create a query in a pivot table based on the data in the table, which highlights the values in red if they exceed a value. Everything looks correct in the table and is displayed correctly. If I use the color expression in the pivot table, this does not work. See screenshot.

DS395_0-1728294405960.png

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This is the 1:1 query as it is in the table and it works there.

Here is my query for the Running Value:

RANGESUM(ABOVE(TOTAL SUM(Quantity), 0, AGGR(ROWNO(), (Customer,(TEXT,Ascending)),(Item,(TEXT,Ascending)),(DDate,(NUMERIC,Ascending)))))

And here for the color formatting:

IF(RANGESUM(ABOVE(TOTAL SUM(Quantity), 0, AGGR(ROWNO(), (Customer,(TEXT,Ascending)),(Item,(TEXT,Ascending)),(DDate,(NUMERIC,Ascending))))) > Stock,RED(),NULL())

Best regards

DS395

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, in pivot tables you can have horizontal and vertical dimensions, Above() could work with horizontal dimensions, adding the values from rows, for vertical dimensions you can use Before(), which is similar but adding by columns instead of rows.

Try using Before instead of Above to see if the running value are calculated as you want.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, in pivot tables you can have horizontal and vertical dimensions, Above() could work with horizontal dimensions, adding the values from rows, for vertical dimensions you can use Before(), which is similar but adding by columns instead of rows.

Try using Before instead of Above to see if the running value are calculated as you want.

DS395
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I changed it as you described and it worked:

IF(RANGESUM(BEFORE(TOTAL SUM(Quantity), 0, AGGR(ROWNO(), (Customer,(TEXT,Ascending)),(Item,(NUMERIC,Ascending)),(DDate,(NUMERIC,Ascending))))) > Stock,RED(),NULL())

DS395_0-1728299750171.png

Thank you very much.