Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etiennesan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Color a combo chart based on measure name and one dimension

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to do the following: I have a combo chart showing two bar measures and two line ones. I have the daily sales of a reference month (bar for daily, line for accumulation), and I am using this to apply to the current month sales and try to predict where it will end (this time one bar and one line too, but up to the current day it is actual results and then it is forecast).

etiennesan_0-1620630238298.png

I want the following:

• same color for the reference line and bar, and same color for the current month line and bar
  • change a bit the color of the current month line and bar, to show the difference between actual and forecast

Is there a way to do this in QS? I tried using the color by formula functionality, but cannot get it to work.

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I was able to accomplish what you are looking for by using Master Measures and simply defining the color for each. 

Dalton_Ruer_1-1620657951365.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I was able to accomplish what you are looking for by using Master Measures and simply defining the color for each. 

Dalton_Ruer_1-1620657951365.png

etiennesan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the tip! Indeed works for setting the two bar and line couples in the same color.

What about changing the color of the master measure based on the current dimension? (I would like a lighter color when I go above the current date_no, that I have as a variable) I tried using segment colors but it doesn't seem to be working.

Etienne

etiennesan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Could solve the issue by splitting the master measure in two, and giving a different color to each part. Thank you!