Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danaleota1
Creator
Creator

Color by dimension value/measure

For this combo chart I wanted the bars colored by individual dimension values (which I have set in master items) and color the line by measure (color set in master item).   The first snippet is the chart  where color is set on Auto and is being colored by both measures.  The second snippet is where i set color to custom and put a color expression for the bars which the line also adopts.  What I'm trying to get is the Error Percentage to be black and the actual errors grouped by site to be colored like in the second snippet.  The color expression I tried in the second snippet is

=IF(txtLocation = 'A', RGB(27,104,229), IF(txtLocation = 'B', RGB(27,104,229), IF(txtLocation = 'C', RGB(27,104,229), RGB(64,192,85))))

Here color was set to Auto and the colors were taken from the master items- measures .  I want the line to be colored by measure but I want the bars to be colored by dimensionHere color was set to Auto and the colors were taken from the master items- measures . I want the line to be colored by measure but I want the bars to be colored by dimensionHere I used an expression to color the bars but then I cannot keep my line colored by measure.Here I used an expression to color the bars but then I cannot keep my line colored by measure.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danaleota1
Creator
Creator
Author

*update for the time being I made two master measures for each condition and used those in the combo chart.  this almost works except now I can only sort on those two measures instead of the one.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
danaleota1
Creator
Creator
Author

*update for the time being I made two master measures for each condition and used those in the combo chart.  this almost works except now I can only sort on those two measures instead of the one.