Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexkeppel
Contributor
Contributor

Combining two dimensions in pivot table

I am trying to combine two dimensions for one Campaign Name when both are present in two tables (Outgoing and Incoming) for the dimension row in a pivot table.

I tried to simply do the below, but it won't let me filter if the incoming name is present. I was hoping not to concatenate tables or edit the load script, because the tables affect many other visuals in the app.

=[OutgoingMessage.CampaignName]&[IncomingMessage.CampaignName]

Labels (1)
2 Replies
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @alexkeppel,

Check this: 
To create a calculated dimension that combines CampaignName from both tables:

IF(LEN(TRIM([OutgoingMessage.CampaignName])) > 0 AND LEN(TRIM([IncomingMessage.CampaignName])) > 0,
[OutgoingMessage.CampaignName] & ' - ' & [IncomingMessage.CampaignName],
IF(LEN(TRIM([OutgoingMessage.CampaignName])) > 0,
[OutgoingMessage.CampaignName],
[IncomingMessage.CampaignName]
)
)

or 

=If(IsNull([OutgoingMessage.CampaignName]), [IncomingMessage.CampaignName], [OutgoingMessage.CampaignName] & ' & ' & [IncomingMessage.CampaignName])

*****Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.********

marcus_sommer

That the data come from different source-tables doesn't mean that they should be further separated if any evaluation is needed. Therefore I suggest to re-think your approach and merging the data into a single fact-table by harmonizing field-names and data-structures as much as possible.

Within the most scenarios it will have much more benefits as disadvantages and is usually the most simple and fastest way to get the needed results.