Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhstrange
Contributor II
Contributor II

Common Year/Month/Date filter for Hires and Terms data

Hello,

We have employee terms and hires data coming into Qlik(term date, hire date, employee ID, Location, etc.)

If we are wanting to look at the number of terms and number of hires side by side in a single bar chart for a particular month, say Aug 2020, how do I use the term date and hire date fields in the script to come up with a common filter which when applied would in turn show me number of hires and number of terms in Aug 2020 side by side in a single visualization. Y axis would show me number of terms and hires side by side, X axis can be the location. The filter would be Year Month, for example Aug 2020 or May 2020, etc.

Right now, if I use the term date field as a filter, the hires data will not respond appropriately and similarly the terms data will not be reliable if I use hire date as a filter.

Any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to ask questions for further clarification.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
G3S
Creator III
Creator III

try a master calendar. 

I am trying something similar. and have asked for help from community.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Set-analysis-syntax/td-p/1747146