Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sooyolee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Compare multiple rows in a straight table and display matching result

Hi all,

I am trying to compare multiple rows and calculate matching result according to logic. For example,

No| Entity | Counterparty | P/O No | Currency| Amount | Transaction Date | Matching Result

1 | A          |         B                  | 123AB |  USD          | 1000        | 04/Mar/20                    | Matched

2|  B         |          A                  | 123AB|   USD           |-1000       | 04/Mar/20                    | Matched

3|  B         |          A                  | 123AB|   USD          | -1000       | 04/Mar/20                     | Unmatched

This is ideal result. The logic is,

a) Entity-Counterparty set of 2 record should be same (e.g. A,B),

b) P/O number should match

c) Sum of amount should be less than 1

d) Transaction Date should be in the same month.

e) Currency should be same

When there are 2 line with same P/O number, I can use aggr (sum(Amount),P/O No, Currency) to evaluate the matching.

However, the issue is 

1) There can be duplicate data like line 2 and line 3

2) Some P/O can share same P/O no. For example, C and D can have a transaction under 123AB as well.

3) P/O No should be case insensitive. 123AB should match with 123ab or 123Ab or 123aB.

Moreover, I also have a limitation that I can only access to the chart expression. Hence, I should handle this logic in the straight table chart expression. I am struggling with a lot of aggr, set analysis, if-else...

Could you share any idea on this? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Replies