Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlos2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compare same periods different years

I want to compare different years but same periods, so it would be for 2020 until today and same period for 2019

For 2020 I have this formula:

Sum({<[Fecha - hora.autoCalendar.Year]= {$(=Max(Year([Fecha - hora.autoCalendar.Year])))}>}[Total])

For 2019 I have this formula:

Sum({<[Fecha - hora.autoCalendar.Year]= {$(=Max(Year([Fecha - hora.autoCalendar.Year]-1)))}>}[Total])

How do I compare two years but for the same period of time as the Max(Year([today])

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
srdheekonda
Contributor III
Contributor III

Try using this formulas for CY YTD and PY YTD: based on your date_column format change the date format to make it work.

CY YTD:

SUM({$<DATE_COLUMN={">=$(=DATE(YearStart(TODAY()),'YYYY-MM-DD'))<=$(=DATE(TODAY(),'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>}TOTAL)

PY YTD:

SUM({1<DATE_COLUMN={">=$(=DATE((YearStart(AddYears(TODAY(),-1))),'YYYY-MM-DD'))<=$(=DATE(AddYears(TODAY(),-1),'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>}TOTAL)

hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello,

You're interested in a year-to-date analysis.

Check this page, the YTD section.

srdheekonda
Contributor III
Contributor III

Try using this formulas for CY YTD and PY YTD: based on your date_column format change the date format to make it work.

CY YTD:

SUM({$<DATE_COLUMN={">=$(=DATE(YearStart(TODAY()),'YYYY-MM-DD'))<=$(=DATE(TODAY(),'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>}TOTAL)

PY YTD:

SUM({1<DATE_COLUMN={">=$(=DATE((YearStart(AddYears(TODAY(),-1))),'YYYY-MM-DD'))<=$(=DATE(AddYears(TODAY(),-1),'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>}TOTAL)

hope this helps