Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor

Comparing sum before and after a date with boundary condition that sum before is >0

I'm trying out Qliksense and I want to replicate a calculation that I have in a sql query. What I want to achieve is best explained by an example.

I have a table of error loggings, let's call it "E", and a table of parts that have been replaced on the machine population, lets call it "R". I want to look at the event occurence count before and after replacement of a certain part. The thing is, I only want to take the occurrence after into account if there are also occurrences before (per individual replacement row).

The time windows are (R.date - vWindow) and (R.date + vWindow), where vWindow is entered by the used in an input box. For clarity I color coded them blue and red for table E.

So for both event A and B each machine has a row with value occurences=10 that is not in the aggregation for "occurence after" because that event does not occur in the "before"  window.

mvanderaa_1-1593076310859.png

mvanderaa_2-1593076333183.png

mvanderaa_3-1593076355892.png

Here is the data for copying purposes as well

E    R   Result   
DateEventOccurrencesMachine DatePart number replacedMachine EventOccurrences beforeOccurrences afterPercentage after replacement
12-1-2020B21 14-1-2020Z1 A3133.3
13-1-2020B11 22-1-2020Z2 B3133.3
15-1-2020A101         
15-1-2020B11         
20-1-2020A22         
20-1-2020A12         
23-1-2020A12         
23-1-2020B102         

Labels (1)
5 Replies
vmusolov
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi!

I think you can try link tables using Machine only.

It means all EventDates will linked to all RepairDates.

After you can limit it in expression using (R.date - vWindow) and (R.date + vWindow).

In case of Machines can be repaired multiple times and have huge R.date and E.date amount, you can use IF and may be aggr() functions.

Kushal_Chawda

How you are getting occurrence after 1 for event A?

mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Because the replacement that has the other 10 occurrences does not meet the condition that events before>0

The sql query would look like this (sorry for the lack of formatting here):

SELECT tbl1.[Event], SUM(tbl1.[Events Before]) AS [Events before final], SUM(tbl1.[Events after]) AS [Events after final]
FROM (

SELECT e.[Event] ,e.[Date],e.[Machine]                 ===> start inner query
            ,CAST(CASE WHEN DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])>0 AND DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])<3 THEN SUM(e.Occurrences) else 0 end as INT) as [Events before]
             ,CAST(CASE WHEN DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])<0 AND DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])>-3 THEN SUM(e.Occurrences) else 0 end as INT) as [Events after]
              FROM [QS_replacements] as r INNER JOIN
                           (SELECT [Date], [Event], [Occurrences], [Machine]
                            FROM [QS_events]) AS e ON e.Machine=r.Machine
                           GROUP BY e.[Event], e.Machine, e.[Date], r.[Date]) as tbl1  ===> end inner query
GROUP BY tbl1.[Event], tbl1.[Machine]
HAVING SUM([Events before])>0

Output inner query

mvanderaa_0-1594408648534.png

Query output

mvanderaa_2-1594409353937.png

Kushal_Chawda

try below

R_Map:
mapping LOAD
    Machine1 as Machine,
    date(Date1) as Date1
FROM [lib://Data/Book1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

E:
LOAD
    date("Date") as E_Date,
    Event as E_Event,
    ApplyMap('R_Map',Machine,0) as R_Date,
    Occurrences as E_Occurence,
    Machine
FROM [lib://Data/Book1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

T1:
Load Machine,
    E_Event,
    E_Date,
    R_Date,
   sum(if(R_Date-E_Date>0 and R_Date-E_Date<3,E_Occurence,0)) as Events_before,
   sum(if(R_Date-E_Date<0 and R_Date-E_Date>-3,E_Occurence,0)) as Events_after
Resident E
Group by E_Event,Machine,E_Date,R_Date;

Drop Table E;

Final:
Load *
Where Events_before>0;
Load Machine,
    E_Event,
    sum(Events_before) as Events_before,
    sum(Events_after) as Events_after
Resident T1
Group by Machine,E_Event;

Drop Table T1;
mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Kush,

thanks for the suggestion. This works for me for this case, but I'm afraid I haven't been clear in my description. In the final app, the replacement table as it is showing in my example would be already filtered on a single part number (Z in this case). I was therefore was hoping to do it in an expression so that the user would choose a part number from a filter pane. Would your load script work if we make use of a dynamic view/on demand app generation?

Edit: the window size before and after would also be a variable to be set by the user, which I used 3 days for in this example.