Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Complex (flexible) calculation logic in Frontend bringing to the Datamodel?

Hi all,

I am taking over a quite heavy application, where daily Sales and Volume Changes are tracked. The pivot in the frontend is using Rolling12 month (aggregated sales, aggregated volume) to compare different months and years  - unfortunately the Pivot is behaving bad and I assume too much of the logic is integrated in the Pivot instead of the Datamodel.

Therefore my question is, is it possible to have "pre-aggregated / calculated Volumes per Month/year" in the Datamodel, additionally to the daily Sales and Volumes, which are native in the datamodel. Where would I add such a aggregated table. Because my facts are on daily basis and not per month/year. Would this than be a dimensional table?

Thanks for any thoughts and input.

chriys

Labels (1)
1 Reply
sunny_talwar

I think your question is very open ended and without much details. You should be able to pre-aggregate the data and keep in different tables, but the exact data model will depend on your data. Are you able to share a sample to show what you have and from that sample what you are trying to do?