Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Concatenate 2 tables in script

Hi. I have created 2 tables through data manager.

Table 1 has one category value with a category-grouping value added to each. (like category 1-3, "good group", category 4,5, 6 "bad group".

Table 2 also has category like category 1-3. But also under-category for each category. Thereby creating lots of more rows.

When i concatenated the first table with the 2nd I just end up giving "good group", "bad group" and so on on the same amount of rows like in table 1. Rest of the lines created by under-category values for each categery-values just gives null.

Few basic questions;

1. Can I and how do I connect and manipulate a table created in data manager with script? (without unlocking auto script). Do I need to connect and write load statement like I do normally in script?

2. Do I solve this task best by concatenating in the script? In that case. Can someone provide a short example how to do it?

It is data from 2 different excel files. Very greatful for help!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Bobi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Clarification:

The concat-table i tried in data manager looks like:

category 1 - undercategory 1 - good category

category 1 - undercategory 2 - - (null value)

category 1 - undercategory 2 - - (null value)

category 2 - undercategory 1 - good category

and so on. That´s why I wanted to edit the table in the script, with the idea of adding undercategory to table 1 to create the same amount of rows before concattenating with table 2.

The data is fictional and I am not able to share the real one due to safety restrictions.