Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeach
Contributor II
Contributor II

Conditionally hide/display expressions based on dimension(s)

I have a QlikView Pivot Table which is organized by Employees (dimension) > Activity Types (dimension) > Metrics (expressions). I need to display certain metrics for some of the Activity Types while hiding them for others. 

abeach_0-1707328949065.png

Using the example above, I need to only show Metrics A and B for Activity Type 1 while showing Metrics A, B, and C for all other Activity Types. All I've been able to do is to edit the expression logic for the metrics to calculate/not calculate based on the dimensions, but I cannot seem to hide/display them in the same way unless I filter to only that specific Activity Type where they should be hidden.

Is something like this possible in QlikView v12?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this

Metric A:

IF(ActivityType = 'Activity Type 1', YourCalculationForMetricA, YourCalculationForMetricA)

Metric B:

IF(ActivityType = 'Activity Type 1', YourCalculationForMetricB, YourCalculationForMetricB)

Metric C:

YourCalculationForMetricC

abeach
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank for your response. Unfortunately I've tried several variations of this, and while it does prevent the calculation from being performed for the specified Activity Types, it still displays the sub-row for Metric C for Activity Type 1. I want to prevent both the calculation and the display for the specified metrics and activity types.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this may be 

=If(ActivityType = 'Activity Type 1', Null(), YourCalculationForMetricC)

abeach
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Same issue, this only prevents the calculation for Activity Type 1 but not the display. It's almost as if the Pivot Table is trying to maintain consistency and display all 3 metrics no matter what, which is why I'm wondering if this is just a limitation of pivot tables in Qlikview.

Filipe
Creator
Creator

Boa Tarde @abeach!
Tive um problema muito parecido com o seu, o que eu fiz para resolver foi criar um contêiner separado, colocar as métricas que eu queria "separar" e ali fazer a omissão.

Não sou muito bom em explicar, mas espero ajudar 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@abeach Please help us what are the A, B, C .. here?

You can do combinedly like below,

IF(ActivityType = 'Activity Type 1' and Not Match (Measure, 'C'), ......)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful