Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gegregeal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Configuring reports for different clients

Hi Experts,

Is there any documentation/resource that shows how reports can be configured for different clients?

For example, I want to configure a report for a new client with different hierarchies. The first client has 5 product hierarchies while the the new client has 3. I want one report to be a single code base. So, how can I configure the report for these different clients and any new one going forward?

Your thoughts on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
TomKogut
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @gegregeal ,

When you say Client do you mean User?

If so, you should take a look in Section Access, with this resource you can restrict data according to user logged on, please check the syntax in the below link:

Section Access 

Please, if it helped you, mark as useful

-Tom

gegregeal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Tom,

When I say clients, I do not mean the users.

I have an app for client A with say 10 users and I have configured section access for the 10 different users of client A.

I want to configure this same app for another client B with different set of users and I do would like to use same code for this new client.

Please note that my code is written externally and I just need to have a specific client configuration for each clients to capture different hierarchies.

Thanks,

Greg.

srinu_qliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @gegregeal ,

Did you got any solution for this can you share.

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Any solution for this would be highly appreciated. What would be the best way to maintain a single code base for multiple customers with different configuration.