Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jguerrea
Contributor
Contributor

Connect to a remote mysql

Hello
Wanted to test qlik and tried to connect my sql database (remote) running on Linux

I have the IP / port / user / password

here is the error

Error message:Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: Access credentials are not valid for this connection.
Details
ERROR [28000] [Qlik][MySQL] Access denied for user 'root'@'ec2-34-247-21-179.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com' (using password: YES)

I do not have a clued of why I do have ec2-34-247-21-179.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com here
my pasword and user are correct

what I'm missing ?   I did it with other tools launching an SSH then accessing the mysql database

any hints welcome

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Jguerrea ,

Even though the same error may be registered for other issues, in most cases this is due to the user account used in the connection or incorrect credentials.

Verify the user configured in the connection is granted the proper permissions, is enabled, and the password is correctly typed.

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Jguerrea, permissions can also be set for source IPs, make sure you have them allowed from Qlik Cloud. See:

Qlik Sense SaaS editions IP addresses and DNS names

Also, something that may help on allowing source IPs in mysql for testing purposes:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8348506/grant-remote-access-of-mysql-database-from-any-ip-addres...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Jguerrea ,

Even though the same error may be registered for other issues, in most cases this is due to the user account used in the connection or incorrect credentials.

Verify the user configured in the connection is granted the proper permissions, is enabled, and the password is correctly typed.

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Jguerrea, permissions can also be set for source IPs, make sure you have them allowed from Qlik Cloud. See:

Qlik Sense SaaS editions IP addresses and DNS names

Also, something that may help on allowing source IPs in mysql for testing purposes:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8348506/grant-remote-access-of-mysql-database-from-any-ip-addres...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂