Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danaleota1
Creator
Creator

Connecting to Sharepoint appending new data to existing table as URL Pathways change

Hello,

I am connecting to a workbook in SharePoint the data is updated daily and so far it loads fine when I go to load data.  However a new workbook is created with each new month so in order for me to append the new months data I would need to connect to a new URL/pathway. 

The field headers are all the same.  When I go to create a new connection would I  be adding a new load statement with the different pathway and then once it loads will the tables merge since the field headers are the same or will it try to differentiate them? I’m just trying to add that data to the same table but url/pathway with each new month will be different.   Thanks.

2 Replies
JeffQlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Couple options (assumption - Versioning is turned on for the library)

• If the new monthly workbook contains the previous months data, and the file is the same name, you could copy over the new file to replace the current file ... using the same filename is key
  • If the new monthly workbook only contains new data, edit the workbook in place and add the data onto the bottom, save and close .... 

In both options, with versioning turned on, you would be able to restore to any previous version (month) if need be.

No need for a new URL / path

danaleota1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply,

It is all new data for the new month so it would need to be the second scenario, but because new data is added daily to the workbook wouldn't I have to manually add the new rows to the version daily in order to keep the same URL I was hoping I could just do load data directly from script editor once a new pathway was created.   

data is refreshed daily but the workbook changes monthly.  Thanks.