Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Copy QlikSense Bookmark to Another User - QRS DB

Hello,

We have a number of bookmarks that we need to copy to another user.  I have connnected to the Backend QRS using PGAdmin and can see the bookmarks in the table.  

Had anyone been able to do this and can you outline the steps please?

As a test Ive created a bookmark, then in the AppObjects table Ive tried amended the Owner_ID to another user but I can still see the bookmark when logging into the app?

Any advice appreciated.

Dai

Labels (3)
1 Reply
PythonMCSJ
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Senor_Dai,

Do the bookmarks have to be private for the other user? Otherwise, the obvious simple solution is to make the bookmarks public.

I have actually never tried to do this using a QRS database approach.

But it should be possible to do using the Qlik Engine API (or using the Qlik SDK) and the QRS API:

1. In order to create copies of the bookmarks, use the CloneBookmark method of the Engine API. Keep the list of ids of the cloned bookmarks. (CloneBookmark method | Qlik Sense for developers Help)

Now, in order to make the cloned bookmarks private for the other user, there might be several ways. I have not yet tried (or at least made it work) using the SetProperties method of the EngineAPI (SetProperties method | Qlik Sense for developers Help). This might work, but alternatively, you can make the cloned bookmarks public, and then have the other user go in and make them private for themselves.

2: In order to move the cloned bookmarks to the other user, you have to publish and approve the bookmarks, and then unapprove and unpublish them with the other user. This can be achieved through the QRS API, through the publish, approve, unpublish and unapprove methods, and using the list of ids for the cloned bookmarks. (Open API specification for Repository Main API − post /app/object/{id}/approve | Qlik Sense for deve... - the other methods can be found in the left side panel). This approach would require API connections for the original owner of the bookmarks, as well as the new owner.

There might be a simpler way, but this is the approach that I believe should work. So it is worth considering, if this is a task that can be completed quicker if done manually.

See the following links to get started using the Qlik API's:

Qlik Sense Engine API: Qlik Engine JSON API | Qlik Sense for developers Help
Qlik Sense .NET SDK: Qlik Sense .NET SDK | Qlik Sense for developers Help
QRS API: Qlik Sense Repository Service API | Qlik Sense for developers Help

Kind regards
PythonMCSJ