Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count data of yesterday

Hi all,

I want to count the number of the activations that happened only yesterday. In particular i want to count all the activation that have happened on a particular channel (VP) and I want to see only the activations happened yesterday.

My fields are:

ACTIVATION_CHANNEL for the channel

ACTIVATION_DATE for the date).

ACTIVATION is what I want to count

I used the set analysis and i managed to see the activations that have happened from yesterday until the date I'm checking the report (if I check the report today at 6pm I can see all the activations happened yesterday and today untile 6 pm

This set analysis is working

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {">$(=Date(Today()-2,'YYYYMMDD'))"}>}ACTIVATION)

If I use the following set analysis I can see the activations happened today

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {">$(=Date(Today()-1,'YYYYMMDD'))"}>}ACTIVATION)

However, I'm not able to see the activation happened only yesterday.

I tried the following set analyses but they are not working:

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {"$(=Date(Today()-2,'YYYYMMDD'))"}>}ACTIVATION)

this one is the same as the first set analysis but without the >

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {">$(=Date(Today()-2,'YYYYMMDD'))<$(=Date(Today()-1,'YYYYMMDD'))"}>}ACTIVATION)

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {">$(=Date(Today()-2,'YYYYMMDD'))"},ACTIVATION_DATE = {"<$(=Date(Today()-1,'YYYYMMDD'))"}>}ACTIVATION)

Here, an example of the format of the ACTIVATION_DATE field

ACTIVATION_DATE

Do you have any suggestion how to show only the activation of yesterday?

Thank you in advance

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use single quotes instead of double quotes. Then you will have to escape the single quotes enclosing YYYYMMDD by having them twice:

count(distinct{$<ACTIVATION_CHANNEL={'VP'},ACTIVATION_DATE = {'$(=Date(Today()-2,''YYYYMMDD''))'}>}ACTIVATION)

NB - it is not double quotes around YYYYMMDD but two consecutive single quotes on each side.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried but it doesn't work.

I cannot see any result with this set analysis

Thank you