Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusia
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cumulative Line Chart with Master Calendar

Hello everyone,

I am having a lot of difficulty getting my graph to properly display my cumulative daily data. I have data containing several thousand test scripts, whether they are passed or failed, and if passed the date they were passed on. I had date gaps between when two scripts were passed, so I created a master calendar to fill in the gaps. Now I want to show the total scripts passed up to each day in my Line Graph to show the progress of the testing effort, but my graph is only showing the number of scripts passed on each specific day. I have read other posts and tried several expressions like the one below:

aggr(Rangesum(Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>}[Status]), 1, rowno()),[Script Exec Date when Passed])

Would really appreciate the help here. Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

An Aggr() used in a chart expression needs to include the chart dimensions to render correctly. But  its not clear that you need an Aggr() at all.

It looks like are you missing an "above" function in the expression.Perhaps you need something like:

Rangesum(Above(Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>} Status), 1, RowNo()))

or, more likely

Rangesum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>} Status), 1, RowNo(TOTAL)))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
zzyjordan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, Amusia
try this
aggr(
Rangesum(Above(Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>}[Status]), 1, rowno()))
,[Script Exec Date when Passed])

ZZ
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

An Aggr() used in a chart expression needs to include the chart dimensions to render correctly. But  its not clear that you need an Aggr() at all.

It looks like are you missing an "above" function in the expression.Perhaps you need something like:

Rangesum(Above(Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>} Status), 1, RowNo()))

or, more likely

Rangesum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[Status]={'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>} Status), 1, RowNo(TOTAL)))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

How about if you try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[Status] = {'Passed', 'Passed with work-around'}>} [Status]) + Sum({1} 0), 1, RowNo()), [Script Exec Date when Passed])
amusia
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!! The expression using TOTAL worked exactly as I wanted. Would you be able to explain to me why that expression works for my understanding? Appreciate the insight.

Anthony