Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niha
Creator II
Creator II

Customizing BAR Chart Color in QlikSense

Hello,

I have created a Bar Chart .  The Color was according to Dimension ( sort), But user wants some different colors.  the first  Chart was created by default col option.  My second picture is the color user wants. Please suggest. So how can I change the color option of Chart.Untitled3.pngUntitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot! in my case there is only one measure that is C section rate and two dimension Year and State. So, the I had to give specific color to values of State. I tried to write expression in State Dimension like this:
If(State = 'State of Florida', RGB(128,255,255),
If( State = 'AvMed Excel SOF', RGB(204,45,36),RGB(40,0,81))).
so this gave me the desired color like below.

only concern is I can not see legend but all i see is Level on Top.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Niha,

You should create three master measures. In these master measures you can get the colors you want. See my earlier post for the explanation: Post

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
formosasol
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Niha, You can create Measures under Master Items in Qlik Sense to create the measure click on Master Items and click on Measures then click on Create New. A new window will pop up called Edit Measure in this window enter the expression and then select Measure colour. Select the coulour you want to display for this measure.

One you have done this you can create the rest of the measures as required Have a look at the screen shot blow for informationBar Chart Color.jpg

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot! in my case there is only one measure that is C section rate and two dimension Year and State. So, the I had to give specific color to values of State. I tried to write expression in State Dimension like this:
If(State = 'State of Florida', RGB(128,255,255),
If( State = 'AvMed Excel SOF', RGB(204,45,36),RGB(40,0,81))).
so this gave me the desired color like below.

only concern is I can not see legend but all i see is Level on Top.