cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGAL1
Contributor III
Contributor III

DISTINCT VALUES AS ACCORDING TO MULTIPLE FIELDS

I have sales data , and i want to pick record of three transactions done on the same item , by the same sales agent and on the same sales date. Hence if i have three transactions (ID -300) done on the same item , on the same date i want to pick only one transaction of that ID . Kindly help me with a formula to count the total of the transactios done

Eg

ID-AA1 , DATE-2022-01-01 , STORE -A , ITEM -TOWEL 

ID-AA1, DATE -2022-01-01,STORE -A,ITEM -SHIRT

ID-AA1,DATE-2022-01-01,STORE-A,ITEM-SHOES

I want such to be calcultaed as one transactions in the dataset , hence i have removed duplicate based on (same id , same date , same store) 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@DGAL1 What I can see from first 3 columns you have same data, So my question it which transaction you must pick? If this is just count. I would ask you to do with AutoNumber(ID&Date&Store) as %Key.

And, You can do Count(Distinct %Key)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
DGAL1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Its different data because the only same values are for ID , DATE , STORE and other values like ITEM , PRICE, QUANTITY are different , the manager wants to know how many unique clients visited as a client of same id , same date and same store is counted as one client , i want a KPI for that 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@DGAL1 Did you read my comment because i have given some feedback on the same to achieve. If you want us to test and do in our environment, Please share us the sample data in excel format to test. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful