Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II

Data Connection migration

Hi,

I am trying to migrate Data connection from one Qlik Sense Enterprise environment (installed in Windows server 2016) to another new Qlik sense enterprise. How do I do it?

- I do not see "export" for data connection in QMC.

- I tried to install Qlik sense desktop in my Windows server 2016 OS and try my possibility of success, but unfortunately, there is no Qlik sense desktop that could be installed in in Windows server 2016.

- I installed Qlik sense desktop in another server (which is windows 10) and logged in through desktop/client authentication link, yet that doesn't seem to fetch data connection from Qlik Sense enterprise.

- Tried exporting/importing app through QRS API, hoping that exports app with data connection, but unfortunately it does not.

- I searched through Qlik forum but not able to find any solution

These data connections (around 200 data connection) are created by lot of people from different departments in our organization. It is nearly impossible to recreate all the data connection manually.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Vignesh91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Levi,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please provide any other alternative solution for me. I am trying to move data connection from old server to the new server.

Thanks,

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Not really, no*. You can always run the script on the server itself where presumably the port is available.

* If you want to re-enter the passwords then this change may do the job (I have not tested it):

# Define your two servers
$server1 = '<myServer1>'
$server2 = '<myServer2>'

# Connect to server1
Connect-Qlik -ComputerName $server1 -UseDefaultCredentials -TrustAllCerts

# Get all data connections which are _not_ owned by INTERNAL accounts
$sourceDataConnections = Get-QlikDataConnection -filter "owner.userDirectory ne 'INTERNAL'" -Full

# Validate $sourceDataConnections.Count

# Connect to server2
Connect-Qlik -ComputerName $server2 -UseDefaultCredentials -TrustAllCerts

# Create data connections on server2 from server1
ForEach($dataConnection in $sourceDataConnections) {
    New-QlikDataConnection -name $dataConnection.name -connectionstring $dataConnection.connectionString -type $dataConnection.type -username $dataConnection.username -architecture $dataConnection.architecture -logOn $dataConnection.logOn
}
JanJorissen
Support
Support

@Levi_Turner 

In the #create connections section I run into issues whenever there are null values for the password. Is there a way to filter these out?