cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClareChinonye
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data Load Editor

please, how do I add an existing column in a loaded table as a new column in another loaded table on Qlik sense.

Let's assume I have two tables loaded from an SQL database in Qlik Sense, I want to add ColumnY from Table2 as a new column in Table1.

• Table1 with columns ColumnA, ColumnB
  • Table2 with columns ColumnX, ColumnY

So Table1  would have ColumnA, ColumnB, ColumnY. And ColumnY would exist as the relationship. How do i achieve this? Thank you.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You didn't specify what the relationship would be...

Generally speaking, assuming ColumnA is the key between the tables,

Load ColumnA, ColumnB From Table1;

Left Join // Or just a regular join if you don't want the LEFT part

Load ColumnA, ColumnX From Table2;

ClareChinonye
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, to be more specific, I have 2 tables with these column. Currently there is no direct relationship between them.  I am trying  to get the TaskActualRunTime for each SubStatusReason. I thought to add the SubStatusID column from Table2 to Table1, so I can create a link between the 2 tables. How do i go about it please or is there some other way to solve this please? 

Table 1                                   Table 2                         

OrderCode,                         SubStatusID,

OrderQuantity,                 SubStatusName,                 
ItemCode,                           StatusID
ItemDescription,
StartDate,
FinishDate,
ResourceCode,
ResourceDescription,
ResourceOperators,
ResourcePackers,
TaskPlannedSetupTime,
TaskPlannedRunTime,
TaskActualSetupTime,
TaskActualRunTime,
TaskNotes,
TeaKGRequired,
TeaFlavour,
RateTarget

Or
MVP
MVP

How to connect the two tables is a question you'll need to answer on your own - once you've decided on that, people here can try and help you with the Qlik implementation. However, there's no way for us to help you decide how to connect two tables that aren't inherently connected. That's a question of your software/database/business logic. Typically in the scenario you're describing the status or substatus would be in Table A, or in a separate table which connects to both Table A and Table B, so you  may want to investigate how these tables were meant to be connected within the source you're getting them from.