Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CFung
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date Fomat

Hi,

I have an issue related to date format. Appreciate if you can give some help. 

Per screen shot #1:

> This is my data source, from column C: the dates are showing as e.g. 21/10/2021 i.e. 21 Oct 2021

Per screen shot #2:

> You may see how I load the data to Qlik, and I have created 2 columns “Statement Date” and “Statement Date 2”

Per screen shot #3:

> I have created 2 bar charts, basically they are the same except one is with “Statement Date” and the other with “Statement Date 2”

> All looked fine until…

Per screen shot #4:

> I clicked on the first bar with “Jan 2021” on the “bar chart  in Statement Date 2”

> I saw the breakdown on the “ bar chart in Statement Date” but it’s showing as “01/10/2021” i.e. 1 Oct 2021 but not Jan 2021!

I think I have to define the date format of my data source to start with but I do not know how. Anyone can shed some light? Thanks.

Regards, CFung

11 Replies
CFung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Still the same unfortunately. 

CFung_2-1635334340070.pngCFung_3-1635334415670.png

I have asked internally if we are allowed to share the qvd and indeed not. What I can share is as below, but that's the same as the excel file. 

Hope these help. Many thanks. 

CFung_0-1635330910442.png

CFung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, 

I have just added a Master calendar to my Data Load Editor and now things are working fine.  I still do not know what went wrong with my previous setting. But adding the Master Calendar does help. 

Many thanks!