Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dushan1987
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date format issue

Hi, 

When I change the julian date into calender date, It is getting the date format as below

M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM

I want to change this into YYYY/MM/DD format. 

but Date#(M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM,'YYYY/MM/DD') is not working. I am getting data from AS400 database.

I am using following query to make the julian to calender dateconversion.

Date#(TimeStamp ( MakeDate( Floor(GBUPDT / 1000) ) + 1000 * Frac(GBUPDT / 1000) -1 ),'YYYY/MM/DD')as GLC_Date

Please help on this

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Julian format means - How much byte it got stored? May be just this?

Date(Date#(GBUPDT, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'),'YYYY/MM/DD')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

1) You triyng interpet timestamp by datestamp format. Format parameter in Date# is for input string interpretation as date, Date without # is for integer Date value format conversion.

2) What is M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM  in Date#(M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM,'YYYY/MM/DD') expression?

Its must be a string or field/variable with text date representation.

Use it like this: Date#('12/20/2018','MM/DD/YYYY')

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Julian format means - How much byte it got stored? May be just this?

Date(Date#(GBUPDT, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'),'YYYY/MM/DD')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dushan1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI, 

M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM is the date format which is coming from the julian to calender conversion.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you post few records from GBUPDT with expected result

dushan1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks 

dushan1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, resolved the previous issue. Also I need to get the monthly average when selecting a date. when I select a date, the value should not be changed by date and should remain as the monthly average. Please help on this too

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please open new thread from next on wards, Perhaps this?

Avg({<Date=>} TOTAL <Month> Sales)