Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date issues

Hi all.  I've got a database that has a date field for each record, however my dashboard isn't recognising this field as a normal date, and I can't seem to rectify this in the usual way.

the field is "WeekCommencing" as is currently formatted as "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM"

So first thing I want to do, is get rid of the time, then i want to add other fields to show week number, year etc in seperate fields:
Date([WeekCommencing],'DD/MM/YYYY') as WeekCommencing2,
WEEK([WeekCommencing]) as WeekNo,
Right([WeekCommencing2],4) as Year,
WeekName([WeekCommencing]) as YrWk,

My script is loading fine, however when I put these fields into a table they look like this:

davehutchinson_0-1721912168141.png

Also similarly, if I try to put the date into a chart as a dimension, all the dates are not in order, and it doesn't seem to matter how I sort them, they never get into a numerical order.

Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong?

Labels (4)
4 Replies
lennart_mo
Creator
Creator

Hi @davehutchinson,

could you please check for the data type of your date field 'WeekCommencing' in the data model viewer? Maybe it's formatted as text.

davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here's what it looks like, Its in the format that I was expecting.  Is there a field in the model viewer where you can change the format?

davehutchinson_0-1721913661013.png

lennart_mo
Creator
Creator

On the left you can see the tags. If it's a date, the tags should be $num, $timestamp and possibly $date and $integer. Yours only shows $text and $ascii.

To transform it from text to dates use the following formula:

timestamp#(WeekCommencing, 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm') as WeekCommencing

Afterwards you should have the above mentioned tags for your field.

Using a formula date#() removes hours and minutes.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, convert to date as below and link it to a master calendar.

Date(Floor(TimeStamp#(WeekCommencing,'DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM')),'DD/MM/YYYY') as WeekCommencing2