Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chirums1
Contributor
Contributor

Dimension change with Variables

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing good!

I have a requirement where I have to change dimensions based on variable selection.

I have three buttons and one variable vTimedimensionselected, for Button1 variable value is 'Month, For Button2 variable value is 'Quarter' and for Button3 variable value is Year. I'm using below calculation as dimension

if(vTimeDimensionSelected = 'Month', [Month Start],
if(vTimeDimensionSelected = 'Quarter', [Quarter Year],
if(vTimeDimensionSelected = 'Year', [Year Start]
)))

In Qlikview it's working fine but in Qliksense it's not working. Can you help me on this?

Regards,

Chiru

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Iswarya_
Creator
Creator

Hi @chirums1 ,

Instead of having the If condition, directly pass the variable. Also, inside the button you can declare the field value as "Month Start" or "Year Start" or "Quarter Start"

Please find the attached QVF to change the dimension based on the selection value in button of your scenario.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

not working means ?  what is the issue?

what is the result you can see in dimension area below the condition?

and what is the variable value and how you defined ?

Iswarya_
Creator
Creator

Hi @chirums1 ,

Instead of having the If condition, directly pass the variable. Also, inside the button you can declare the field value as "Month Start" or "Year Start" or "Quarter Start"

Please find the attached QVF to change the dimension based on the selection value in button of your scenario.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

sorry. i dont have qliksense installed on my machine.