Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W180006
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Measures and Dynamic Dimension between Pie Chart and Bar Chart

Hi All

I am exploring how I can achieve dynamic measures for my bar chart, based on my pie chart.

For example, based on user filter selection for year/quarter/month, the pie chart will response with 3 pies.

1.png

At the same time, the bar chart should also show the same "3 pies" from the pie chart, as "3 measures" in the bar chart below. So, we will see the same "A, B, C" here.

2.png

Similarly, if there are "5 pies" from the pie chart, the bar chart below will show the same 5 ("A,B,C,D,E")

3.jpg

4.png

Thanks in advance in sharing how I can achieve these dynamically. Currently, I am "manually" creating them.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I am not sure what you mean. Any selection on a field would normally apply to all objects. Hence if you select A-E in a field, then only A-E is available in the second chart (if the field is used as dimension).

Morgan Kejerhag
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Drake Analytics
http://www.drakeanalytics.se

W180006
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Morgan

Sorry for not being clear. Kindly let me rephrase my question.

Pie Chart

From both of my pie charts above, I have chosen to display either Top 3 or Top 5. My dimensions are ("A,B,C") for Top 3, or ("A,B,C,D,E") for Top 5. The measures are sales amount.

Bar Chart

From both of my bar charts above, my dimension is quarter, and alternative dimension are year/month. As for my measures in both the bar charts, I used Set Analysis.

For Top 3 in the first bar chart:

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'A'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'B'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'C'}>} [amount])/1000000

For Top 5 in the second bar chart:

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'A'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'B'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'C'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'D'}>} [amount])/1000000

-Sum({$<product={'food'}, [sub_product]={'E'}>} [amount])/1000000

The challenge I faced is that due to the year/quarter/month filters, sometimes the Top X measures in the pie charts are not always ("A,B,C") for Top 3, or ("A,B,C,D,E") for Top 5. It can be ("C,D,E,F,X")

So I am wondering how can both of my bar charts can dynamically reflect ("C,D,E,F,X"). Thanks.