Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

Dynamic View Giving Different Numbers

Hi all,

I have two different apps that I am working on. One of the apps is a higher level app and I want to incorporate a couple of metrics from the one underneath onto it without having to have that app load all of the data in. I am understanding that that is where dynamic views come into play. However, the dynamic view I have on the lower app does not align once I put that master item view onto the upper level. Can anyone explain how/why this is happening? Thanks!

Lower Level (correct & with source data):

rwb139_1-1618495388837.png

Higher Level (incorrect and drawing from the dynamic view associated with the lower app):

rwb139_0-1618495362010.png

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

In the base application you are using there would be an expression of what values to load if you are NOT using it for a Dynamic View. Guessing that is what expression gives you the values that are different than when you have passed value(s) to filter your dynamic view application to. 

I've written up a pretty thorough explanation of Dynamic Views for Qlik Sense you can read here:

https://dataonthe.rocks/dynamic-views-in-qlik-sense-saas/