Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatiasA
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Export Data to CSV with double double quotes

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem: A client requires that I export some tables with a certain format from Qlik Sense into a TXT file, with values separated by a comma, on a daily basis. The problem that I'm having with this is that there's a text field that has to include double double quotes in the exported file. For example, the Text field has to look like this:

""Lorem Ipsum""

But, when I try to export TXTs with this format, when I open the text file, it always has three double quotes. So instead of the example above, I get:

"""Lorem Ipsum"""

From what I've been able to gather, Qlik Sense uses the RFC 4180 standard to formalize CSV file format, so everytime I add a double quote ("), the exported file turns it into a double double quote (""), but by using a double quote, Qlik also adds a third double quote to explicitily mark that field as a text field, so I always end up getting the """Lorem Ipsum""". Also, using line breaks only gets me one double quote for the field:

"Lorem Ipsum"

(Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values#:~:text=Fields%20containing%20a%20line%2Dbreak,...)

I've also tried exporting the field with double double quotes through Qlik Sense but using antoher programm, like R (using the SSE), to esport the CSV/TXT that I need. This works fine, but the server I'm using also shuts off at midnight, so I can't create a task because the script wouldn't work on the basis that by shutting the server off everyday, R and the SSE connector also shut off and don't start up again the following morning. Given this constraint, can anyone help me achive the exported file in the format that I want, by any other method, in Qlik Sense?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Greetings,

Labels (4)
0 Replies