Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waltiritin
Contributor
Contributor

Export Pivot table without totals

Hi, 
I have a pivot table in QlikSense and when I export it, a subtotal appears for every sub value I have. 

The "Show Totals" options is not enabled, so I do not really understand why when in the visual does not appear, but when i export my data into excel all these subtotals appear.

Waltiritin_0-1715950885911.pngWaltiritin_1-1715951030019.png

Labels (3)
1 Reply
rodrigo_martins
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This happens when you have the "Indent rows" option checked.

rodrigo_martins_0-1715963533470.png

When checking this option, the pivot table is organized in such a way that the values ​​of the rows corresponding to the higher dimensions are automatically composed of totalizers of the values ​​of the lower dimensions:

rodrigo_martins_1-1715963836171.png

For example, in the image above, the first row shows the total salary of all Edinburgh employees. The second line shows the total salary of all developers in Edinburgh. The third line shows the total of all developers in Edinburgh who started in 2010. Only the fourth line shows one piece of data that is not sumed, which is Gavin Joyce's salary.

Although this is easily noticeable in Qlik's interface, it is important to include in Excel the information that the value corresponding to that line is a totalizer.

So, if it is not a problem for the end user to have the layout of their pivot table slightly changed, the solution would be to just uncheck the "Indent rows" option