Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor_
Contributor
Contributor

Filtering inside Bar Chart

Hello. I am working only with one table, and I want, in the same bar chart, have different columns filtering the data by different ways, defined by rankings (explained further on).

For that reason, I have created many inputs for the user to insert it's preferences for each ranking. For the sake of the explanation, I will limit this as vRanking1Station, vRanking1OpenDuration, and vRanking1Name. 

In that case, I will be separating each bar into rankings:

For example, the first bar will be named Ranking1, and I want the sum of the price, if my station is equal to the variable, the open duration and so on. So, in theory I would have to do something like:

=Sum({<station={$'vRanking1Station'}>,<openDuration={$'vRanking1OpenDuration'}>,<name={$'vRanking1Name'}> price)

My problem is: for each station, I have more than one name. Initially, my data has a column "names", which I concatenated the names (Ex: "Bob; Arthur; Juliette").

How can I do something like name includes vRanking1Name?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Victor_ ,
Instead of using separate set analysis expressions for each variable, you can create a single expression that dynamically filters based on the user's input. Below is an example expression that combines the filters for vRanking1Station, vRanking1OpenDuration, and vRanking1Name:

=Sum({<station={"$(vRanking1Station)"}, openDuration={"$(vRanking1OpenDuration)"}, name*= {"*$(vRanking1Name)*"}>} price)

Wildcard (*) is used with the 'contains' logic to filter names that include the vRanking1Name variable.

**********Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.********

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Victor_ ,
Instead of using separate set analysis expressions for each variable, you can create a single expression that dynamically filters based on the user's input. Below is an example expression that combines the filters for vRanking1Station, vRanking1OpenDuration, and vRanking1Name:

=Sum({<station={"$(vRanking1Station)"}, openDuration={"$(vRanking1OpenDuration)"}, name*= {"*$(vRanking1Name)*"}>} price)

Wildcard (*) is used with the 'contains' logic to filter names that include the vRanking1Name variable.

**********Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.********